- DEIR Comments were submitted in September for round two. EID is currently working on addressing all comments as part of the EIR process. That should be taking place in February, 2019.
- We are asking all interested people to attend the January 14, 2019 EID meeting, to show your support for our cause. 9:00 am at the EID building 2890 Mosquito Rd., Placerville.
- Two new EID directors were welcomed at the last EID meeting, held on December 10; Lori Anzini and Pat Dwyer, replacing Dale Coco, MD, and Greg Prada.
- Members of the board voted new president of the board to be Alan Day and George Osborne as vice president.
- Members of Save the Canal and other community members spoke to the board at this meeting, regarding our concerns about continuing the Upper Main Ditch Project, in relation to costs and the Item #9 CIP (Consideration to adopt the 2019 – 2023 Capital Improvement Plan: https://www.eid.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=12283. The minutes are not available at this time. This item was voted on to be option #2, and the directors chose to reduce the CIP amount and revisit/prioritize the projects for the 5 year plan. Our input was: many infrastructure options need to be dealt with, so piping the canal could be considered as less important than other items, such as flumes and possible flume failures.
Save the Canal members were very encouraged with new faces and fresh perspectives on the board.